Nov 20, 2009

Welcome to "Processing School"!

I started this blog despite my sister and my grandma’s lack of faith in my ability to keep a blog. How my grandma knows and notably, remembers, that I haven’t been able to keep a blog in the past, I’m not sure. But she’s right.

I have a method for keeping this one, though – I’m going to write very simply. That is, I’m not going to try too hard, and I’m not going to attempt anything deep or beautiful. I’ll do my best to write from the heart, but only if that’s what’s easiest.

I’ve been reading a book, which is a compilation of high school “revolutionary” writers and speakers from the 1960s. The writing and words are very straightforward. In fact so straightforward that I wonder if the parents, teachers, administrators, even other students in the schools who wouldn’t have labeled themselves radicalized revolutionaries, didn’t and today wouldn’t, take offense, become defensive, and totally disregard the writing as…well, disturbing, insulting, and too simple.

Probably. After all, I wasn’t a high school revolutionary, and I cringed at some parts that were clearly describing my “type.” But at least the writers made sense. And at least they were saying something.

This blog is my attempt to take a lesson from those students from the past, and not mask my words in “deepness,” or revert to silence. Rather, I hope to use honesty and openness, and I’m going to risk offending myself and others in the process.

Really, I can only hope to make the blog as exciting as I’m making it sound!

Anyways, soon I’ll be surrounded by a bunch of crazy 3rd graders, each of us with 3% smaller brains than when I’m done facilitating school. That is assuming none of us can already juggle (I did practice at the airport).

I will get to actually explaining what I'm doing here, which by the way has nothing to do with elephants, in future posts.

4 comments:

  1. well. I am 99.763542% shocked to see a blog post. I stand corrected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is so much to respond to here...I could rip out all my hair even without the lice! Will enjoy catching this blog as well as your sister's...
    Love you, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. That being your mom's post, I can only agree!

    Dad

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you even have leftover hair fuzz to rip out?

    ReplyDelete